Woah what a year right? I actually saw some stuff! I saw what, 30 new movies this year? Damn. But what were the best? I'm glad you asked....
10. Justice League. The DC universe is off to a good start and I cannot wait for more!
9. Blade Runner 2049. For a sequel to a movie that I desperately need to watch again, Blade Runner 2049 was an excellent film, visually striking and a cerebral plot. One of a kind.
8. IT. God bless it Bill Skarsgard, why must you be so awesome? I was hesitant at first, but this was a great movie. A lot of awesome talent, decent scares, and continuing in the not too distant future.
7. Baby Driver. Awesome. That is the one word I would describe this movie.
6. Kong Skull Island. Kickass monster movie leading to the greatest rematch in cinematic history!
5. Logan. Hopefully not Hugh's last stand, because lord knows I love the guy and this is a phenomenal movie, and will no doubt be one of the greatest comic book movies ever made.
4. Wonder Woman. Damn girl. Just damn. Everybody loved it, I love it, you love it, what more is there to say?
3. The Shape Of Water. Odd? Yes. Lovely? Yes. Sally Hawkins? How do I ever even think to say no?
2. The Last Jedi. Jesus, that was a polarizing movie. Still really liked it, not the greatest, not the worst, definitely will buy it. I can't complain.
1. War For The Planet Of The Apes. Apes together.....strong. This is the strongest trilogy I've ever seen. More than Star Wars! Because every sequel kept getting better and better, it had a beginning and an end, with a great story, an Oscar worthy performance by Andy Serkis, and really I knew when I saw it that the only competition for best film of the year would be The Last Jedi. It was the only movie that could top this movie, and as we can see it did not.
So let it be written, so let it be done. The best films of 2017. Hopefully this year will be just as great as last year at the movies. See you then.
Post a Comment