So let it be written, so let it be done.
Whew, another year behind us and more to come but which were the best? Let's find out.
10. Hotel Artemis - The reason it got on (besides Sofia Boutella) was I expected not even good things from this movie and what I got was damn good. That credit goes a long way, but we got 9 hits even bigger and better.
9. Solo - Again, really wasn't expecting much but I enjoyed it and yes it may have caused Disney to back down a bit but that by no means is a bad thing. Another fun adventure through a more seedy view of a galaxy far far away.
8. Teen Titans Go To The Movies - Love the show, love the movie! Good animation, great sense of humor, and not feeling like a feature length episode of the show. Not many can claim such compliments.
7. The Grinch - May have enjoyed it more than anybody in the theater but hey it's always fun to see a movie about me....most of the time.
6. Ready Player One - Retro, smart, funny, and a great story to tie it all together. Truly the holy grail of geek culture.
5. Bumblebee - I never thought I would see the day. But it is that damn good.
4. Halloween - A true return to glory through such dark times and a warm welcome to hardcore fans. Michael has never been greater.
3. Isle Of Dogs - Wes Anderson does it again for me with a film full of charm, heart, great animation, with some Japanese culture as the cherry on top.
2. Ralph Breaks The Internet - It all comes down to the ending why it's so high. It really is what sets it from an already fun adventure for all but takes it to a place that few have ever dreamed of.
1. Christopher Robin - I cannot think of a better film than this. It is perfect. The characters, the overwhelming heart and charm and lovability easily makes Christopher Robin someone I wish to see time and time again.
But what were your opinions on best films of last year? I've already watched a few videos and I've been surprised by the choices. Obviously a lot of animation hit my list, a lot of nostalgia hit the list, but hey man that's what I'm partial to and I can't get enough! I've been working on some stuff so I will meet you Monday evening in Gotham. Don't be late.